Atlassian’s Application Development Life Cycle Management Tools – Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader
In today’s rapidly changing and highly competitive and time sensitive business environments, modern software development practices demand an unrestricted implementation of the discreet components of the Application Development Lifecycle Management (ADLM) model.
Integrated ADLM is focused on the adoption of synchronized tooling to facilitate real-time project community collaboration, cross tool communication, centralized data repository, project reporting and portfolio management practices.
Gartner recently published their 2015 Magic Quadrant for Application Development Life Cycle Management. This study highlights the leaders in ADLM tools and how these vendors are not only providing the best solutions, but they also put into consideration the rising need for agile-friendly products.
“The application development life cycle management (ADLM) tool market focuses on the planning and governance activities of the software development life cycle (SDLC). ADLM products focus on the “development” portion of an application’s life. This year, we changed our criteria to more strongly weigh the support for agile development and DevOps. This negativity impacted the positions of some vendors that are focused on traditional and system development.” – Gartner Report
Key elements of an ADLM solution include:
- Software requirements definition and management
- Software change and configuration management
- Software project planning, with a current focus on agile planning
- Work item management
- Quality management, including defect management
Other key capabilities include:
- Integration to version management
- Support for wikis and collaboration
- Strong facilities for integration to other ADLM tools
“Few of the vendors offer all of the capabilities listed above. This research contains several best-of-breed vendors that offer top-notch solutions for portions of this functionality. This makes it especially important to consider the fitness of a vendor for a specific use over the relative position in the Magic Quadrant figure.”
This year, Atlassian ranks in the top three leaders in the Magic Quadrant – with some of the highest marks for completeness of vision and ability to execute. Here is what Gartner has to say about Atlassian and their toolset:
Consider Atlassian when looking for a comprehensive solution for running agile or traditional projects, and when you have limited needs for proven portfolio-level functionality. The Atlassian solution has a strong focus on task management, including defect tracking, work-item management and collaboration, and invests heavily in integration features.
- A large customer base from the vendor’s JIRA issue management solution drives a strong third-party market.
- Collaboration features via HipChat and Confluence extend market reach beyond the core application development team.
- Solid support for Git and continuous integration positions Atlassian well for organizations adopting DevOps practices.
- The Atlassian Marketplace offering includes many add-in functions, enabling Atlassian to focus on the core functions while supporting diverse use cases via partners.
Not only does Gartner recognize the quality and agility of the Atlassian toolset – we do too! And that’s why we are an Atlassian Expert Partner for over seven years. We recognize the potential and adaptability of these products. We see the value, time and energy that Atlassian puts into produces the best products for their clients and users.
“As a percentage of revenue, Atlassian spends 2x more than its peers on R&D. This results in products beloved by customers that reach a broad audience of teams building software.” – Atlassian
Five Reasons you should choose the Atlassian Integrated ADLM solution:
- Promote transparency throughout the Development of Your Applications
- Enable your global development teams
- Increase productivity of the project community
- Deliver business value faster and more frequently
- Solidify partnerships with your customers
As with any implementation of highly customizable software tools, planning, configuration, implementation and adoption are the keys to success. To learn more about how we can partner with you and your business contact an e-Core representative HERE.
To read the full Gartner Magic Quadrant study, click here.
Watch a free webinar On-Demand about the releases, plus, you'll get a sneak peek into what's coming in the 8.x series! Atlassian has announced important updates on Jira Software and Service Desk that will improve performance, fix a host of bugs and enhance the user...
Once again, Atlassian is named a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant. With a strong ecosystem of products designed to improve the way software is developed through agile methodologies and practices focusing on teams and task management, it's no surprise that they are...
Last week, our São Paulo office in Brazil held the first of a scheduled round of events focused on ITSM being held throughout North and South America. The event received almost 120 participants, among them users and aspiring clients of Atlassian tools. The session began with an introduction to the current e-Core expansion reported by the VP of Marketing and Sales – Brazil, André Palma.