Premier Support Engineer (A)
Development and Engineering @ Porto Alegre, Brazil
If you are passionate about working with smart teams and providing high quality service to the world's largest customers this role could be perfect for you. When Atlassian customers such as NASA, Tesla and Apple need a solution, there are you to help. This role is part of our Enterprise Support team, which is focused on providing the advanced support and product expertise to Atlassian's largest customers.
Working with other team members in Austin, Amsterdam and Sydney, you will be a level III support engineer working on our most important customer accounts. You will be part of a growing team of specialists improving our support capabilities, capacity, and quality for our largest and most sophisticated customers, providing technical solutions and aiming for the greatest customer satisfaction.
You will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and troubleshooting across one-to-many Atlassian products. As part of the team you will receive on-boarding training to make you an expert in one to many of our products, system technologies, and network technologies.
In this role, you will lead and participate in customer facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details.
More about you
On your first day as Premier Support Engineer, we'll expect you to have:
- Logical decision making on complex support and services issues;
- Solid Troubleshooting skills;
- Deep understanding of operating systems (e.g., Linux, OS X, and/or Windows);
- Understanding of applications server technologies (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.);
- Experience with SQL databases;
- Interest in working with networks and relevant technologies, including proxies, LDAP, Active Directory, switches, etc;
- Written and spoken English (advanced level).
We consider Extras:
- Experience working with Atlassian products;
- Programming skills;
- Java Application troubleshooting (including analyzing thread dumps, heap dumps and debugging);
- Git, SVN, Mercurial;
- Continuous Integration.
Get to know our work environment in a 2 minute video.